Some Thames & Kosmos Science kits require the use of batteries. This information is printed on the box of the kit and also located within the first few pages in the manual.
General Notes on Batteries
• Regular batteries must never be recharged.
• Only an R6-size (AA) rechargeable battery and NiMH type can be charged under the supervision of an adult.
• Pay attention to the safety warnings and recycling instructions on the rechargeable batteries.
• Do not force open the battery.
• Do not throw the battery into the fire.
• Pay attention to the correct polarity.
• Pay attention to the charging time.
• Do not short-circuit rechargeable batteries. They could explode!
• Do not mix rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries.
• The exhausted batteries must be disposed of as hazardous waste.