Thames & Kosmos is a leading designer, producer, and publisher of educational toys, including STEM kits and board games, based in Providence, RI. Our products are sold through toy, game, book, and school market channels around the world.
Thames & Kosmos is looking for a full-time video producer / videographer to help create product videos for our award-winning line of science kits and games. This person will work directly with the Creative Director, Product Development Team, and Marketing Team to produce fun, exciting videos that will showcase our product and appeal to kids and parents. Videos will range from promotional, to instructional, to product demos, to anything we all think would be fun to support our mission. This role also helps procure and edit voice overs and other audio files for our board game instructions app.
Examples of our current videos can be viewed here:
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
· Organized, self-starter that can work quickly and creatively (even with limited materials at times)
· Ability to complete a video start to finish.
· Strong editing skills with a good sense of timing and pace.
· Good visual understanding of composition to illustrate concepts clearly and in an interesting way.
· Experience shooting with a variety of cameras, from as simple as an iPhone to DSLRs
· Knowledge of motion graphics to be able to add text and titles to video.
· Knowledge of sound editing and creating simple soundtracks.
· Ability to export video in a variety of different formats once completed for web and screen, add captions, etc.
· Willingness to learn about our products in depth to successfully portray them in demos and informational videos.
· Ability to work with external content producers such as voiceover artists and other content creators.
· Model building, product staging, and set dressing skills. Since these videos will serve as demos and overviews of all our products, assembling some models, products, experiments, and simple sets will be required.
· Genuine interest in our product. We want someone who shares our passion for science and hands-on learning, as well as the importance and value of playing board games, so that our videos reflect that enthusiasm.
Software knowledge should include but not be limited to
· Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, etc.
· Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
· Adobe Audition, Garageband, or other Sound-editing programs
· 3D Modeling software (Cinema 4D, Blender, etc.) a bonus
· This position is full-time, based on 40-hour workweek, regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm), and primarily in-house in Providence, RI.
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Full company-paid health insurance after successful completion of trial period
· Generous vacation and sick day policy
· 401K options available after one year of employment
· Plus additional benefits