Purchasing & Logistics Associate at Growing Educational Toy and Game Co.
Thames & Kosmos is looking for a talented, motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual to join our growing educational toy & game company. Our expert team (including a few office dogs!) publishes and distributes educational science kits and toys for kids as well as board games for kids and adults. Our mission is to improve the quality of informal science education in the United States and provide tools to inspire creative thinking, advanced problem-solving, and other important life skills through fun and interactive experiences.
This position directly supports the Purchasing & Planning Coordinator and Director of Operations in all aspects of inventory procurement and management as well as import shipping logistics. It also involves collaboration with our product development, compliance, sales, and customer service teams. All responsibilities center around getting our customers the great product they need when they need it. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process, monitor, and track open Purchase Orders in our ERP system.
- Maintain highly detailed, shared, schedule documents to accurately track shipment status and communicate arrival dates internally.
- Review and approve vendor sales confirmations to verify correct costs and production details.
- Optimize shipping container loading by working closely with suppliers to guide shipment details.
- Instruct and follow up with suppliers, and import freight forwarders, to meet our desired shipment schedules.
- Lead inbound product notifications and communication with our warehouse.
- Promptly perform inventory receipts when goods arrive; research and resolve receiving discrepancies.
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Maintain competitive import shipping rates by working with freight forwarders to continually review costs.
- Reconcile actual vs. projected freight costs to verify final landed costs are within the expected range.
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service departments in managing inventory allocations to achieve continual, optimal, stock availability.
- Assist in the coordination of US product productions.
- Manage inventory in small office stock.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in purchasing and logistics in the consumer products industry.
- Extremely well-organized with good personal systems for managing tasks and responsibilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to own and maintain shared schedules and internal instruction documents.
- Strong ability to prioritize responsibilities to effectively manage time and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to look for new solutions and problem-solve when challenges arise.
- A desire to learn “big picture” aspect of the company to drive process improvement through analytical thinking.
- Pride, ownership, and accountability for work done.
- Experience with Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Google Drive) recommended.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel. Familiar with Excel data management functions (pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Experience with SAP B1 and Valogix a plus.
- German language fluency is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time.
- Full company-paid health insurance after two (2) months waiting period.
- Health club membership allowance.
- Generous vacation and sick day policy.
- 401K available after one (1) year of employment.
- Cover letter
- Contact information (email address and phone number) for three references. One reference must be a past manager or supervisor.