Product Support Specialist
Thames & Kosmos is looking for a talented, smart, motivated, and experienced professional to join our growing educational toy & game company. Our expert team publishes and distributes educational science and craft sets for children as well as board games for all ages. Our mission is to improve the quality of informal science education in the United States and provide tools to inspire creative thinking, advanced problem-solving, and other important life skills through full and interactive experiences.
This position is in-person at our Providence, RI, office.
We are looking for a technically-minded, service-oriented individual with a willingness to learn different responsibilities and work with multiple teams. This position is a part of our Technical Services team and focuses primarily on providing courteous, empathetic support to end-users to ensure product satisfaction and functionality. At the same time, it supports our product development, sales and marketing, and operational teams on all things related to product quality and performance. It is a hands-on role for someone who enjoys playing with educational products and can effectively communicate with customers and collaborate with colleagues.
A willingness to wear multiple hats and do whatever it takes to meet customers’ and the company’s needs is a must!
End-User Technical Support
• Provide prompt and courteous product technical support to end-users via Zendesk, email, and phone.
• Fulfill replacement part orders (pick, pack, and generate shipping labels).
• Troubleshoot product functionality issues to identify solutions for users and recommendations for our product development team. Actively participate in problem-solving for future productions.
• Track tech support issues and help create regular reports to communicate findings to management and product development.
• Manage and respond to customer reviews and feedback received via online sales and social media platforms.
• Organize and maintain stock of replacement parts and shipping supplies.
• Create and maintain product support documentation.
• Coordinate new purchases of replacement parts with the purchasing team.
• Conduct quality control audits on post-production samples.
• Review quality control reports provided by third parties.
• Test product for usability and functionality.
• Assist with coordination of product re-works and audits of warehouse stock.
• Assist Technical Services Team Lead and product development department with product-safety-related projects as needed.
• Assist with tasks related to TK’s physical location, including the building’s systems and infrastructure
• Assist with troubling-shooting basic IT issues as needed
• Shipping and receiving (low volume).
• Data entry and wholesale order-processing support to the customer service team during high-volume periods.
• Some travel may be required. Possible trade show attendance when corporate travel resumes.
Qualifications and qualities needed:
• At least two (2) years’ experience in customer service, preferably in consumer products.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; nuance and tact are a must.
• Ability to remain calm, positive, and effective with both customers and colleagues in high-expectation situations of urgency.
• Extremely well-organized with good personal systems for prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to ensure prompt project completion.
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to own and maintain shared systems of documentation and organization.
• Willingness to learn how we do things while also looking for ways to improve processes and problem-solve.
• Self-starter who can work independently, but knows when to appropriately bring management team into the decision-making process.
• High-degree of computer literacy; proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Suite, and Mobile (Android/iOS).
• A basic understanding of electrical components and troubleshooting is recommended.
• Experience with the following software is a plus: Zendesk, SAP Business One.
• A true interest in Thames & Kosmos products and general mission: science education, toys, and children.
• Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time.Full company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance after two (2) months waiting period.Health club membership allowance.
• Generous vacation and sick day policy.
• 401K available after one (1) year of employment
• Cover letter
• Email and phone number for three references. At least one reference must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor