Inventory Demand & Supply Planner
Thames & Kosmos (Providence, RI) is looking for someone to assist with all aspects of inventory planning and procurement. Our expert team (including a few office dogs!) publishes and distributes educational science kits, educational toys and board games.
This position is responsible for forecasting customer demand, making purchasing decisions, and optimizing inventory flow to maintain ideal in-stock levels for our partners and appropriate investment levels in our warehouse. Additionally, this position supports the Director of Operations and works closing with the Purchasing Team to ensure inventory flows in as planned.
Inventory Planning Responsibilities:
• Independently analyze current and historical customer order information and retailer POS to develop SKU level demand plan and forecast recommendations.
• Lead bi-weekly planning review to evaluate current demand vs. forecast and make purchasing recommendations.
• Analyze inventory metrics including stock levels, lead times, costs and provide performance reports for management reviewing KPIs. (e.g. out-of-stocks, investment levels, aging, etc...)
• Lead communication with customers’ planners and T&K’s sales department to align on customer-specific forecasts and plan inventory to ensure high in-stock percentages.
• Manage key account inventory allocations and reservations
• Conduct variance analysis of both customer POS and company shipment forecasts.
• Communicate regularly with sales, customer service, and management to review retailer shipments against forecasts.
• Create new processes and improve upon existing procedures to more accurately forecast demand and plan inventory.
Secondary Responsibilities (Assists the Purchasing & Logistics Associate):
• Process, monitor and track Purchase Orders in ERP system.
• Monitor production schedules with vendors and import shipment schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
• Process Sales Confirmations from vendors.
• Perform inventory receipts and resolve receiving discrepancies.
• Verify vendor invoices for accuracy and payment approval.
• College degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Management or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in inventory demand and/or supply planning.
• Extremely proficient in MS Excel.
• Experience communicating directly with customers and vendors.
• Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong follow-up skills, analytical thinker and problem-solver.
• Ability to process large amounts of data and deliver concise recommendations.
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
• Experience with SAP B1 and Valogix a plus.
• Commensurate with experience.
• Full-time, based on 40-hour workweek
• Full company-paid health insurance, dental, and vision after successful completion of 90-day trial period
• Generous vacation and sick day policy
• 401K available after one year of employment
• Plus additional benefits
TO APPLY: No calls please. Submit all information below; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• Cover letter with salary history
• Email and phone number for three references. Note: At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor.