Inventory Demand Planner at Growing Educational Toy and Game Company
Thames & Kosmos is looking for someone to assist with all aspects of inventory planning and procurement. Our expert team (including a few office dogs!) publishes and distributes educational science kits, educational toys and board games.
This position supports the Director of Operations and is responsible for forecasting customer demand, making purchasing decisions, and optimizing inventory flow to maintain ideal in-stock levels for our partners and appropriate investment levels in our warehouse. Additionally, this position works closing with the Purchasing Team to ensure inventory flows in as planned. Responsibilities can grow and change as needed. They include but are not limited to the following:
Inventory Planning Responsibilities:
• Independently analyze current and historical customer order information and retailer POS to develop SKU level demand plan and forecast recommendations.
• Lead bi-weekly planning review to evaluate current demand vs. forecast and make purchasing recommendations.
• Analyze inventory metrics including stock levels, lead times, and costs and provide performance reports for management reviewing KPIs. (e.g. out-of-stocks, investment levels, aging, etc...)
• Lead communication with customers’ planners and T&K’s sales department to align on customer-specific forecasts, plan inventory to ensure high in-stock percentages, and track actual sales performance.
• Manage key account inventory allocations and reservations
• Conduct variance analysis of both customer POS and company shipment forecasts.
• Create new processes and improve upon existing procedures to more accurately forecast demand and plan inventory.
Secondary Responsibilities (Assists the Purchasing & Logistics Associate):
• Process, monitor and track Purchase Orders in ERP system.
• Monitor production schedules with vendors and import shipment schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
• Process Sales Confirmations from vendors.
• Perform inventory receipts and resolve receiving discrepancies.
• Verify vendor invoices for accuracy and payment approval.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in inventory planning and purchasing in the consumer products industry.
• Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong follow-up skills, analytical thinker and problem-solver.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
• Extremely proficient in MS Excel.
• Experience with SAP B1 and Valogix a plus.
• Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time.
• Full company-paid health insurance after two (2) months waiting period. Health club membership allowance.
• Generous vacation and sick day policy.
• 401K available after one (1) year of employment.
2. Cover letter
3. Contact information (email address and phone number) for three references.
Note: At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor.