Customer Service Representative
Thames & Kosmos is looking for a talented, smart, and motivated individual to join our growing educational toy company. Our expert team (including a few office dogs!) publishes and distributes science kits, board games, magic sets, globes, and craft kits. Our mission is to inspire creative thinking, advanced problem-solving, and other important life skills through fun, hands-on, and authentic learning experiences.
We are looking for someone who wants to be involved in our company, not only for the monetary compensation but because they care about the work they do and how they are contributing to the world. Job responsibilities have the potential to grow and change depending on the company’s needs and an employee’s particular strengths.
This position supports the daily operations of the wholesale customer service department. It requires a self-starter who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and skilled at accurate data entry. A desire to learn, build, and play with our products is also a must! Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Respond promptly and professionally to all incoming wholesale and retail customer inquiries via phone and email (high volume during peak times of the year)
• Process wholesale orders and relevant customer-related forms, applications, and requests
• Provide information on our products and policies to retailers, consumers, and sales representatives
• Process customer returns and issue credits accordingly
• Assist with key account set up and management
• Communicate daily with our 3rd party fulfillment company to ensure customer order requirements are clear and goods ship on time.
• Perform data entry to maintain accurate customer, pricing, and availability information in our ERP system (SAP Business One)
• Assist the credit department with credit checks and collections
• Assist with invoicing and processing credit card payments
• Assist with operational reports to ensure customer orders ship complete and promptly
Secondary Responsibilities (as needed):
• Shipping and receiving (low volume, small shipments)
• Various projects, such as model building and product testing
• Assist with trade show preparation
• Assist with product technical support and replacement part shipment
• Some travel may be required (Travel is currently suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic)
We are looking for an individual with these qualities:
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to manage time well and prioritize, with minimal guidance from management
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter who can work independently, but knows when to involve or escalate to the appropriate team members
• Fast learner; can learn, retain, and apply information quickly and efficiently
• Ability to remain calm, positive, and effective in high-energy, high-expectation situations of urgency
• High-degree of computer literacy; must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Experience with order-processing, EDI, SAP Business One, ZenDesk is a plus
• A true interest in Thames & Kosmos products and general mission, as well as an understanding that what benefits the company as whole will ultimately benefit the individual
• Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time.
• Full company-paid health insurance after two (2) months waiting period.
• Health club membership allowance.
• Generous vacation and sick day policy.
• 401K available after one (1) year of employment
- Cover letter
- Email and phone number for three references. At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor