Customer Service and Technical Support Representative at Growing Science Toy Company
Thames & Kosmos is looking for a talented, smart, motivated, and experienced professional to join our growing science toy company. Our expert team (including a few office dogs!) publishes and distributes educational science kits and toys for kids as well as board games for kids and adults. Our mission is to improve the quality of informal science education in the United States and provide tools to inspire creative thinking, advanced problem-solving, and other important life skills through full and interactive experiences.
We are looking for a technically-minded, service-oriented person to help our end-users and wholesale customers get the most out of their Thames & Kosmos product experience. This position focuses heavily on end-user support to ensure product satisfaction and functionality, while also supporting the operations of our wholesale customer service and sales teams. A willingness to learn different responsibilities and do whatever it takes to meet all our customers’ needs is a must!
End-User Technical Support
- Provide courteous and prompt product technical support to end-users via email and phone.
- Troubleshoot product functionality issues to identify solutions for users and recommendations for product development team.
- Fulfill replacement part orders (pick, pack, and generate shipping labels).
- Organize and maintain stock of replacement parts and shipping area.
- Various projects such as model building, product testing, product quality reviews.
- Shipping and receiving (low volume).
Wholesale Customer Service
- Process wholesale orders and relevant customer-related forms, applications, and requests (high email volume).
- Provide information on our products and policies to wholesale customers and sales representatives.
- Assist with general phone reception.
- Assist with invoicing and processing credit card payments.
- Assist credit department with credit checks and collections.
- Some travel may be required (possible tradeshow attendance).
Qualifications and qualities needed:
- At least two (2) years’ experience in customer service, preferably in consumer products.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; nuance and tact are a must.
- Ability to remain calm, positive, and effective with both customers and colleagues in high-expectation situations of urgency.
- Extremely well-organized with good personal systems for prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to ensure prompt project completion.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to own and maintain shared systems of documentation and organization.
- Willingness to learn how we do things while also looking for ways to improve processes and problem-solve.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but knows when to appropriately bring management team into the decision-making process.
- High-degree of computer literacy; proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Suite, and Mobile (Android/iOS).
- Basic understanding of electrical components and troubleshooting is recommended.
- Experience with order-processing, and/or SAP Business One is a plus.
- A true interest in Thames & Kosmos products and general mission: science education, toys and children.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time.
- Full company-paid health insurance after two (2) months waiting period.
- Health club membership allowance.
- Generous vacation and sick day policy.
- 401K available after one (1) year of employment
- Cover letter
- Email and phone number for three references. At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor