Thames & Kosmos is a leading producer of educational toys & games, based in Providence, RI. Our products are available through toy, game, book, and school market channels around the world. The Accounting Associate works closely with the Controller as well as the full accounting team. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about numbers, data accuracy, and accounting.
- Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Collections
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Verify journal entry information is complete and accurate
- Research and resolve accounting issues, provide creative solutions to improve processes
- Monthly and daily reconciliation as needed for a bank, credit card, and other accounts.
- Monthly sales tax returns
- Monthly prepaid expense reconciliation
- General ledger maintenance and accrual account management
- Prepare royalty and commission payment reports and book monthly accruals as appropriate
- Assist Controller and coordinate month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting
- Assist auditors as required for the preparation of financial reports during the annual review
- Provide inter-departmental support as needed.
- Special projects as they arise both inside and outside the accounting department
- 1−3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong technical skills, a mindset for continuous improvement
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies & procedures as well as improve processes as needed
- Fast learner with the ability to pick up, retain, and apply new information quickly
- Take ownership of tasks and see them through from start to finish
- Experience with SAP Business One is a plus
- This position is full-time and in-house in Providence, RI.
- Salary commensurate with experience; full-time, bi-weekly payroll
- Full company-paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and sick day policy
- 401K options available
- Gym reimbursement
1. Resume with salary history
2. Cover letter
3. Email and phone number for three references. At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor
4. No calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.