Purchasing & Planning Coordinator
Thames & Kosmos is always looking for a talented, smart, and motivated individuals who want to be involved in our company, not only for the monetary compensation, but because they care about the work they do and how they are contributing to the world. Job responsibilities have the potential to grow and change depending upon the company’s needs and an employee’s particular strengths.
This position supports the Director of Operations and will be involved in the entire process of inventory planning and procurement; from customer forecast analysis, to monitoring and managing inventory, to issuing and overseeing purchase orders with all suppliers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Process, monitor and track Purchase Orders in ERP system.
- Monitor and maintain planned production and shipment schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Process Sales Confirmations from vendors.
- Maintain information flow with suppliers and coordinate import logistics.
- Manage inbound product communications to US warehouse.
- Inventory receipt; includes resolution of any receiving discrepancies.
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy and payment approval.
Inventory Planning Responsibilities:
- Create, monitor and communicate inventory demand forecasts and projections throughout supply chain.
- Liaise with customer inventory planners to achieve high in-stock percentages.
- Collect and analyze customer POS data on a daily and weekly basis.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels to ensure optimal inventory turnover.
- Manage key account stock and reservations.
- Analyze inventory metrics
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a purchasing/inventory planning capacity in the consumer products industry.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong follow-up skills, analytical thinker and problem-solver.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Experience with SAP B1 and Valogix a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time.
- Full company-paid health insurance after two (2) months waiting period.
- Health club membership allowance.
- Generous vacation and sick day policy.
- 401K available after one (1) year of employment.
- Cover letter
- Email and phone number for three references. At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor
No calls please. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.